Thursday, November 23, 2006

The otherside of Offshoring

I Was talking to a client person who has become closer to me.
Him ... "See I am 45, and the people from India are half of my age doing the same work. I cannot compete with them .they are hungry for work (they can work 9 am to 9 pm) and they are motivated and they never say "No" to anything. At this age I don’t have the motivation also to work like hell and compete with them. U know they don’t stay here for more than 2 years but the problem never ends there. There is another set of Indians with similar personal and professional profile takes over …
How long this would continue?
I know "many experienced local developers are in no comparison with the kids from India in terms of quality . I refer them as kids because they are actually kids. (Half of my age...) "

For him, job insecurity looms large ………….What is the deeper malaise?? What r the drivers? What is the impact of this invasion of Indians? More on next blog

No comments: