Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Beauty of English

Yesterday I saw a client person working till 7 pm in the evening which is quite unusual considering the fact that everybody leaves by 5.30 pm.
I was just tempted to ask " Are u competing with Indians in staying late in office? " but somehow I didn't like the wording . So kept quiet for some time, Then I got a better word. And I was excited...
And I asked him " Are u inspired by the Indian colleagues to stay late in office ?......... Apt came the reply. "Hey thanks for reminding that it's late. I have an angry woman at home ... I have to keep her satisfied also."
I said "I won't comment on that"
And we had a hearty laugh ...........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Agree westerners do not spend too much time in the office, but again neither do they spend half hour each day gabbing by the water cooler or surf rediff for cricket scores during office hours. In my experience some of the best time managers are Americans (esy West coasters).